MindTouch Deki Fuses Best of Desktop and Web Applications
Dozens of new extensions and open source tools provide 100 new features
San Diego, CA – September 5, 2007 – MindTouch, a leading open-source wiki and social media platform company, today announced the immediate availability of almost 100 new features for MindTouch Deki, the free wiki and application platform for online communities and enterprises.
MindTouch Deki is already cited as having the most advanced wiki feature set available with its state-of-the-art WYSIWYG editor and REST-based API. What makes MindTouch Deki stand out even more amongst its competition is its extensive integration with other libraries and online services such as:
- Google Analytics for easy tracking of the wiki’s traffic statistics
- Yahoo! Content Distribution Network (CDN) for accelerated page load times
- Tibco PageBus technology for dynamic, component mash-ups
- Active Directory and LDAP for painless enterprise deployments
- Lucene.Net for advanced searching in wiki pages and file attachments
Most importantly, MindTouch Deki has a groundbreaking web-services extension model that allows users to create powerful application mash-ups. For example, users can compose services from Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft in a wiki page with content from databases, other applications, and the Web. In just over a month’s time, dozens of new extensions for popular applications and services have been developed, providing almost 100 new features. These include:
- Microsoft Live mash-ups with Virtual Earth and Live Contacts
- Google mash-ups with Maps, Blogs, News, and Videos
- Flickr real-time slideshows and badges
- ThinkFree viewer for Microsoft Office documents
- Dynamic HTML elements and manipulations
- Digg News and promotional “Digg It” badges
- Yahoo! Finance stock tracker and charts
- Gabbly for real-time online chat with other wiki users
- And many, many more (Widgetbox, MySql, Latex, ImageMagick, Graphviz, …)
Furthermore, MindTouch is releasing the MindTouch Deki Desktop and Microsoft Outlook Connectors. The Desktop Connector is a client-side application that makes browsing, managing, and adding files on any MindTouch Deki site drag-and-drop simple. Similarly, the Microsoft Outlook Connector provides one-click publishing of email messages and file attachments for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express. These new desktop productivity tools further solidify MindTouch Deki as the most integrated and extensible wiki for communities and enterprise collaboration. Both offerings are free and released with full source code under the GPL v2 license.
MindTouch Deki is free for unlimited users, unlimited pages, and without limitations on its feature set. Flexible support plans are available for mission-critical deployments:
- Basic Support ($495/yr) provides alert notifications and updates, limited support tickets, software updates and security patches.
- Silver Support ($2,495/yr) provides alert notifications and updates, unlimited support tickets, priority queuing, software updates, security patches, and installation or configuration support.
- Gold Support ($4,995/yr) provides alert notifications and updates, unlimited support tickets, live-chat and phone support, same business day response, software updates, security patches, and advanced installation or configuration support.
Thousands of organizations have already deployed MindTouch Deki and are reaping the benefits. Flexible and easy to use, MindTouch Deki is an ideal choice for intranets, extranets, and interactive web sites. It can also power community sites and encyclopedic resources, and serve as a platform for social content creation and aggregation. To learn more, visit http://MindTouch.com or MindTouch’s developer community at http://OpenGarden.org.