We are seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic Community Manager with a strong technical background to support our rapidly growing user community and external networks. As the Community Manager, you will be the catalyst for external communication, networking and events across our users, partners and other interested technology parties. As the product and user advocate across a broad and growing base, a thorough understanding of the processes and technologies used for web infrastructure, as well as superior communication and organizational skills are critical. As the primary interface to all users and prospective customers, the Community Manager will demonstrate the ability to exceed expectations in a fast paced, startup environment where he/she will be a valuable contributor to the company’s overall growth and success.
- Maintain active community communication through newsletters, webinars, blogs, social media and forum posts
- Coordinate all efforts regarding the wiki, forums, blogs and similar community tools
- Provide strategy and thought leadership in external networks by actively listening and responding quickly to key partner, technology and user postings as well as developing deep networking relationships
- Drive the strategy and execution for expanding community activity and product adoption
- Organize and execute all community events including online events, community meetups and conferences
- Advocate community issues and product requests internally. Advise internal stakeholders of important trends and events in the community, using key data and statistics gathered from the community
- Experience with online communities and/or technical support for consumer web applications
- Technological knowledge and experience with web 2.0 applications including both consumer and enterprise technologies.
- Expertise using social media and consumer-driven content such as wikis, web feeds, blogs, forums, and podcasts
- Overall development experience using xml, php and C#.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- This role requires strong collaboration with marketing, engineering and support, so exceptional and demonstrated cross-group collaboration skills are required
- Other important strong skills include a passion for customers, strategic thinking and driving for results
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% for conferences
- Bachelors degree