New Feature: OpenSearch Favicon
- MindTouch’s OpenSearch API now includes a reference to your MindTouch site’s favicon (the web browser bookmark icon). Web browsers that leverage OpenSearch to allow custom search input boxes (such as Mozilla Firefox) will show the site favicon next to the search input box.
New Feature for Site Visitors: Dutch, Swedish, and Finnish User Interface Localization
- Sites can now be deployed with Dutch, Swedish, or Finnish localization of the user interface, with the exception of the Administrator Control Panel, which is English only. The current state of MindTouch user interface localization coverage can be found on MindTouch Success.
Changes to Existing Features
- In preparation for some upcoming improvements to our search infrastructure, we are removing page comments from Search and GeniusSearch results starting September 4th, 2014.
Bug Fixes for Authors and Content Managers
- When editing a page section, clicking the edit icon for a different section will refresh the page and leave page edit mode.
- Creating a category within a category caused the new sub-category to be created at the root level of the page hierarchy (under the homepage).
- The file attachment table headers were not aligned with their table columns.
Bug Fixes for Site Administrators
- The editor layout preview in the site control panel was only partially localized, if the site language was set to a language other than English.
Bug Fixes for All Users
- At first login, users are presented with a page that explains how to modify user preferences, contribute knowledge, and other information. The page now includes a link to reset a password, as users are sometimes initialized by site administrators with a randomly generated password.
- If the result of a GeniusSearch query matched a category name, the category image would be visible in the list of sub-categories. Clicking the image would result in a message that there are no available search results, leading to a confusing user experience.
New MindTouch Documentation