MindTouch customers, see dramatic improvements in operational efficiency with collaboration, dashboards and dynamic reports across a plethora of Web services, enterprise applications, financial systems, databases, legacy systems, and intranets.
SAN DIEGO, November 3, 2008 – MindTouch, an open source software company and developers of MindTouch Deki, the most sophisticated wiki-based collaboration platform for enterprise collaboration and mashups, today announces new benchmarks in company growth in revenue, customers and partners as well as improvements in its flagship product, MindTouch Deki.
Despite the sluggish U.S. economy and the recent economic turmoil globally, MindTouch has continued to make significant growth in key corporate performance measures. As companies look for ways to improve productivity in tough economic times, the efficiency and productivity gains offered by MindTouch Deki are increasingly attractive.
“When belts tighten, businesses don’t have the option to do less, they need to do more for less. New enterprise software vendors have been trying to streamline and modernize aging approaches to collaborative software for some time now, and products like MindTouch Deki are results of those efforts. For companies looking to keep their collaborative applications up-to-date and cut back on costs at the same time, the crop of new Enterprise software that Deki belongs to is worth investigating,” said Michael Coté, industry analyst with analyst firm RedMonk.
Some of the new customers realizing big gains from MindTouch include (partial list):
- Government: United Nations, National Institute of Health, City of Surprise Arizona
- Education: Harvard Kennedy Business School, Michigan State University, Dearborn Michigan School District
- Finance: Cornerstone Research, Mission Ventures, SEI Inc., Temenos
- Health Care: Universal Hospital Services, Baxter Healthcare, Regeneron
- Technology: RightScale, Zmanda, Motricity, Novell
- Media: Television Ontario, Newseum
MindTouch customers and industry experts cite the immediate gains in productivity and operational efficiency as the cause for the dramatic growth in customer acquisition. In a recent article, Dennis Howlett, author of the ZDNet blog Irregular Enterprise, wrote about MindTouch:
“…For me, the current poster child isn’t MySQL (now owned by Sun) or Salesforce.com but MindTouch. MindTouch is on a roll at the moment … what really sets MindTouch apart for me is the way they are positioning Deki as a way of providing the lightweight integration fabric many large enterprises can implement and from which they can derive genuine value.” — Dennis Howlet, Opportunities in the impending tech fallout
As companies look for ways to improve productivity in tough economic times, the efficiency and productivity gains offered by MindTouch Deki are increasingly attractive, and it’s helping fuel MindTouch’s impressive growth. Some key corporate benchmarks include:
- 368 percent increase in customers in the last 12 months
- Through October of this year, 612 percent increase in revenue over the previous year
- 132 percent growth in partners, value added resellers and system integrators
- Thousands in daily distribution and millions of users globally
MindTouch Deki has evolved significantly from a wiki into a sophisticated social enterprise platform built on a Web Oriented Architecture for collaboration, application integration, and creating enterprise mashups. MindTouch Deki now includes new enterprise adapters to popular applications and new workflow capabilities, and new product improvements such as:
- New Microsoft Windows installer
- MediaWiki to Deki converter
- Lotus Notes to Deki converter
MindTouch will continue to lead the market by delivering the best feature set, user experience, and an extensible and flexible architecture with MindTouch Deki’s Web Oriented Architecture. To download MindTouch Deki, visit http://mindtouch.com/Download/.